Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Zones of life

Our Church

Service today focused on Canada Day - we sang all three verses of the national anthem - two in english, one in french.
Today's passage: 2 Timothy 4:6-8. Paul fought, finished, and kept. (v7)
The message got me thinking about what stage I am at with God - am I comfortable and settled? Am I receiving gifts from God? Am I allowing myself to be challenged? Am I serving as I should?

We need to be a member of the team - not an armchair critic, like spectator sports.

The best point of the night was that Elisha spent years serving Elijah - this was before he asked for the double portion of Elijah's blessing. The principle is, you receive a blessing AFTER you serve, not before.


AFter church, we had a party to celebrate Canada Day. Cool.

Tomorrow, I busk at the Forks for the first time. Should be fun!

later....

No comments: