Friday, October 22, 2004

long time no post

hey....
Life flies by... and this blog got neglected for quite a while. oh well. Life rolls on....

Nathanael started Kindergarten at Springs in September. He's been enjoying it, although when I met his teacher today and she told me the class (11 boys, 5 girls), I just started laughing. I don't know why... it just seems so funny. I imagined 11 boys bouncing off the walls....

School trucks ahead. I have an amazing number of students in Band this year - 47 in grade 7, 47 in grade 8. Senior band is small - 14 students in 4 grades. The choirs are large - 30 in Grade 7/8 and 23 in Senior 1-4. The Jazz Band and Vocal Jazz have continued, with enought students in both to keep them running.

The new subject for me is grade 7 and 8 computers. Now I teach every student in both of these grades. I have never phoned so many homes in one month before September of this year. It was a lot of fun.

Suzanne has been enjoying the time off - Nathanael is gone 2-3 days a week (full day Kindergarten), so she gets to walk the dogs, visit friends, shop etc, without a little boy around.

In other news, it looks like I'll be going out to Alberta this spring - been asked to adjudicate a msuic festival out there. March 14-15 are the dates, and the place is Vegreville. Should be a lot of fun.

More later. Don't want to put a lot into one post.

Chris.

No comments: