Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reading Recovery

Well, I just finished my third official class in Reading Recovery today. What a lot of work! I'm really enjoying the class and the content - it's interesting to read the conclusions that Marie Clay has come to about how children acquire language. Being a music teacher, I am seeing a lot of parallels between her studies and studies I have read about how children acquire musical knowledge and skills.

Unfortunately, that's about all I can write about it - as there is quite a bit of copyright involved, and I might cross a "copyright line" if I put any of the connections or any of my thoughts, impressions or reactions to the content of the course in this blog. I was disappointed to find out today that I have to handwrite all of my Reading Recovery data - typing the forms into a word processor also crosses the "copyright line". I feel sorry for my instructor who has to try to read my chicken scratch!

No comments: