Thursday, October 19, 2006

More election stuff

Well, I tried to find out stuff about the candidates online....

First, the Counselor Candidates...

Trudy Turner's site, http://www.trudyturner.ca/ shows that she's definitely aware of what's going on in the ward. If you click on the issues link, you will see a list of issues. This isn't something she came up with on her own - most of these were in the Neighbourhoods Alive! document for St. Matthews and (darn, I've forgotten the other neighbourhood - sorry!). Of course Trudy was involved in the creation of that document, so it's not surprising to see similarities...

Don Salter has an interesting site - http://www.donsalter.com/ I found the chat area the most interesting - Don, you are much more articulate on a blog than in a debate (remember John A Steen?) Heed your wife, man - NO JOKES.

Harvey Smith (incumbant) has a site - http://www.harveysmith.com/index.htm - that had a lot of great links - except that there is no mention of the election at all. It's like it's business as usual and he expects to win. I emailed Harvey about this, as i wanted to compare his answers at the debate at John A Steen to what was in his platform. The answer came from his campaign manager:


Hi,
Sorry that we are not totally up to date in the technology department but
we have been more old school in the campaign and prefer the face to face kind of
canvass. Nevertheless, if there are any questions that you may have we would be
glad to answer them.
Harry Paine
Campaign Manager


Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. I don't want to email my questions to anybody - I want to compare platforms.

Now to school trustees...

The only website I can find for anyone is Cindy Gilroy-Price. http://www.cindygilroy-price.ca/ She impressed me at the debate I went to last week. Her site has only a few links though.

There are mentions of each of the other candidates - I can find them at work and in various other groups, but no mention of thier platforms. Unless you go and talk to them, you have NO idea what they stand for.

I toyed with posting my notes from the two forums I went to... maybe I will...


No comments: