Sunday, December 10, 2006

Concerts!

Last night was the Royal Winnipeg Rifle's Band Visitation. We played R.V. William's Tuba Concerto (with a guest soloist) to dedicate 3(!) tubas that are new to the band. We also did Variations on a Korean Folk Song (Chance), Sleighride (Anderson), Midnight Sleighride (arr. Wallace), Orange Coloured Sky (Rugolo), along with 4 carols and the regimentals of the Rifles - Old Solomon Levi and Keel Row. I think I may have missed a few pieces, but I don't have the program here, so I'll update it later.
UPDATE
Pieces I missed were Eternal Father Strong to Save (Smith), Swing Away (Sharpe), T'was the night before Christmas - with altered lyrics. There was also 2 pieces by a Tuba Quartet, and 2 pieces by a Clarinet Trio.

I think the concert went fairly well. Nathanael enjoyed listening to the band, and he got to stay up late to boot, so he was happy.

His concert is this afternoon, so what has he been doing all morning? Singing. Singing. And more Singing.

I think he's nervous.

No comments: