Monday, February 05, 2007

My Van is airbourne.....

Got a call from our mechanic today....

First of all - the history. Our van has been leaking Transmission fluid - rather copiously. In our van, the transmission fluid also feeds the power steering, so the steering became an arm workout everytime you started to turn the wheel. Needless to say, backing out of our parking space in the new back yard was fun.
Called our mechanic, who told us to drive as little as possible, get rides and use transit. If we had to drive, we would need to top up the fluid before we left. This we did for a week, as we didn't have the cash to pay for the repair.
Payday came, so we can pay for the repair. The mechanic got the van on Friday (feb 2) and picked up the parts required. He put the van up on the vehicle lift (he runs a shop out of his backyard - the shop is his garage) and completed the repair. Then he tried to lower the van.....

The lift doesn't work.

So he called us. He needs a part for his lift - and he can't get it until Thursday.

So my van is fixed, he's paid, but.... I have no van.

And it's -35C outside.

Now - I'm not mad at this guy - he's just trying to make a living, and he always does his best by me. It's just too bad I'm the guy that has to wait an extra week. On the good side..... I'm not paying for gas!

No comments: