Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Now Reading...My Tribe the Crees

Maus didn't take long to whip through - now I'm on my second time...

I've also been reading a book about the Cree people in Canada - actually a bunch of them. I got a few from one of the schools I taught in last year - the library was removing them from the stacks as they were written for high school instead of elementary. One of them is My Tribe the Crees by Joseph Francis Dion. It looks deceptively short, the copy I have. The typeset is so small and each page has piles of information on it.

I started reading up on Metis and "Indian" (first nation, native - which one do I use?) history after my aunt discovered a possible connection to the Cree Nation through my Grandfather. It's made me much more aware of the issues that are still to be dealt with.

Gotta go - it's late.

More later.

No comments: